18 March 2016
The second codeathon focused on the MobileKidsId app will be on March 26 at the Magenic office in St. Louis Park, MN.
Our first codeathon was extremely successful, with around 20 people participating. During that codeathon we laid the groundwork for the app and development effort, including:
- Setting up DevOps infrastructure for CI, unit testing, and Azure deployments
- Setting up QA testing infrastructure and tying that into the DevOps process
- Defining how the development environment should be set up
- Creating the app architecture for extensibility, testability, and long term maintainability
- Implementing parts of the app that display static content to users
I fully expect that on March 26 we’ll be able to implement the majority of the edit screens where a parent will enter and maintain the basic information about their children. That’ll be a major milestone because it will allow some meaningful testing of the app so we get feedback from some actual users.
We are looking for volunteers!
In terms of skill set, the app is primarily built using:
- Apache Cordova
We do have some back-end functionality written in C# running in Azure, and welcome anyone willing to help with that functionality as well.
If you are interested in volunteering – either on March 26 in person, or remotely via the Internet and GitHub – please contact me: rockyl at magenic dot com.