30 June 2015
- Mail and Calendar apps now work with exchange (to my extreme joy!)
- People app now works with exchange (but still no facebook/twitter/linkedin like on the phone?)
- My SP3 is running cool again, hopefully the battery won’t drain while asleep now (haven’t found out yet)
- The overall feel of the OS is faster and smoother
- The firmware update finally installed!
- Cortana just gets better and better
- The music app updated, and I’ve been enjoying my Xbox Music subscription all day today J
There are still some issues though.
- Still can’t view only unread/flagged emails in the email app (this is a big issue!)
- Still forced to use threaded reading view in email app (yuck)
- No live tile for the weather app?
- Numerous apps crash on launch, then often work after 2-3 more attempts (e.g. calendar, money, news)
- Edge sometimes locks up with white blank screen after device comes back from sleep
- The Phone companion app seems to always insta-crash
- The twitter app crashes about once an hour (like in 130)
- NextGenReader has no live tile (and crashes perhaps once a day like in 130)
- Having the start menu on multiple monitors remains pointless as all apps still only start on the primary monitor
My little use of the photos app so far is inconclusive, but it seems more stable and faster.
I also haven’t switch a lot between tablet mode on/off, but it seems much better than in 130.
This update has addressed many of my concerns from 130. Keep up the good work Microsoft!