31 March 2009
CSLA .NET 3.6.2 is now available for download.
This is the second point release of CSLA .NET 3.6, and it includes a number of bug fixes, but more importantly there are a number of new features and enhancements based on feedback from users of version 3.6 over the past four months.
- For both Windows and Silverlight
- New methods on the ObjectFactory base class to better enable creation of a DAL object
- Better support for lazy loaded fields, where an exception is thrown if the field is mis-used accidentally (thus reducing bugs)
- ErrorDialog control for WPF and Silverlight to enable XAML-only handling of exceptions from CslaDataProvider
- CslaDataProvider now has a Saved event to simplify some UI scenarios
- RegisterProperty() now accepts a lambda expression to identify the property name, allowing the compiler to check the name, and avoiding the use of the string literal
- MobileDictionary type, so you can create a dictionary that serializes between Silverlight and .NET
- For Silverlight only
- Better type name resolution, so you can now specify a type by “Namespace.Class, Assembly” without supplying the generic “Version=…” text
- New InventoryDemo sample project (C# only right now - it is a work in progress)
- Code snippets for async factory and data access methods
On a related note, the first segment of my CSLA .NET for Silverlight video series is complete, and I’m nearly done with the web infrastructure for the download site. You can get a summary of the video series content on the CSLA .NET for Silverlight video download page.
Once I get the store and download site complete, you’ll be able to purchase “early adopter’” access to the series – which means you’ll get access to each video segment as soon as it comes online. Look for this in the next couple weeks!