07 January 2014
CSLA 4 version 4.5.500 is officially released and is available via nuget or from http://www.cslanet.com.
This version includes some major new capabilities, including:
- Support for Windows Runtime 8.1, including substantial updates to the Csla.Xaml namespace and controls
- Support for Android via Xamarin using the latest version of Xamarin tools
- Support for EF6
- Support for ASP.NET MVC 5
- Improved support for using IoC containers in the server-side data portal
- The installer now includes a .chm file for the Csla.dll assembly
This version also includes a number of bug fixes and minor feature enhancements.
CSLA 4 allows you to create a powerful object-oriented business layer that encapsulates all your business logic. That business logic can then be reused across multiple UI technologies and platforms, including:
- Windows 8 (WinRT)
- ASP.NET (MVC, Web Forms, and Web API)
- Android (via Xamarin)
- Windows Forms
- Windows Phone 8
- Silverlight 5
The ability to literally write one set of business logic code that can be reused across all these UI and platform technologies is extremely powerful, and provides you with flexibility to support multiple client platforms, or to move from one technology to another over time without having to rewrite your entire application.